Elaine is a published author and is currently writing a new book called “Reflect to Create!” Creative Reflection, Reflective Practice and Supervision for Creative Leadership and Professional Practice”.
Elaine writes thought pieces to stimulate conversations and inspire fresh thinking in the fields of Executive Coaching, Supervision, Leadership and Reflective Practice.
Elaine’s writing explores the art, science and practice of leadership, executive coaching, coaching supervision, experiential learning and reflective practice.
Her writings and publications to date include:
- Patterson E. (2017) “Unlocking the Power of Reflection for Transformation in People, Teams and Organisations”. In “Contemporary Leadership Challenges” Edited by Aida Alvinius INTECH Press
- “Reflect to Create!” Creative Reflection, Reflective Practice and Supervision for Creative Leadership and Professional Practice”. Due for publication early 2018
- A personal book of poems, illustrations and photographs. In development.
- Forward in “Loving Eric” A Story About Adoption, Attachment, Autism and ADHD” by Laura Morrissey
- Patterson, E. (2013) “Reflective Learning and the Reflective Practitioner”. In Full Spectrum Supervision Ed Arnold, J. and Murdoch, E. London, Anoma Press.
- Patterson, E. (2011) “Presence in Coaching Supervision”. In ‘Supervision in Coaching: Supervision, Ethics and Continuous Professional Development’ Ed. Passmore, J. London, Kogan Page. Available on Amazon
- Major contributor to Parsloe, E. and Leedham, M. (2009) “Coaching and Mentoring: Practical Conversations to Improve Learning”. London, Kogan Page. Available on Amazon.
- Patterson, E. (2017) “Reflection as an Oasis for Busy People in Busy Times” in Association for Coaching Global Perspectives January 2017
- Patterson, E. (2015) Introducing CSA’s Leadership Full Spectrum Map: The Living Fields of Leadership WHO you are is HOW you lead” CSA Thought Leadership
- Patterson, E. (2015) “What do we mean by the term CSA coaching ‘supervision’ and CSA Leadership super-Vision; An Ongoing Conversation“ CSA Thought Leadership
- Patterson, E. (2015) “WHO you are is HOW you talk; The Art of Creating Creative Conversations Transforming Conversations to Transform Work”. CSA Thought Leadership
- Patterson, E. (2015) “The Related Relational Leader because WHO you are is HOW you lead” CSA Thought Leadership
- Patterson, E. (2015) “Why leading well is so difficult and how super-Vision can help. CSA Blog
- Patterson, E. (2015) “Leading from “WHO you ARE” CSA Blog
- Patterson, E. (2015) “What are leaders experiences of reflection?” What leaders and leadership developers need to know from the findings of an exploratory research study.
- Patterson, E. (2014) “The Real Work of Leaders” CSA Blog February
- Patterson, E. (2014) “Mirror, Mirror.. Learning is Experience; Everything else is information” Entrepreneur February 2014
- Patterson, E. (2014) Summary of MA Research “What are leaders experiences of reflection?” CSA Thought Leadership
- Grix, E. and Patterson E. (2010) “Coaching is landing at BAA”. In The OCM Journal 2010. Oxford
- Buckle. L. and Patterson E. (2010) ‘Learning through the Art of Conversation”. In The OCM Journal 2010. Oxford
- Patterson, E. (2009) “A Reflective Process Key to Transformational Learning”. In The OCM Journal 2009. Oxford.
- “Aladdin’s Carpet”
- “Like Gossamer”
- “Winds of Change”
- “Mirror, Mirror….”
- “Black and White”
- “In Memoriam”