Inspiration and Resources
Welcome to your Inspiration and Resources Section. I hope that you find them helpful. Your feedback would be much appreciated!
This Reflective Journal and Workbook has been designed to accompany the earlier book Reflect to Create! The Dance of Reflection for Creative Leadership, Professional Practice and Supervision.
Reflect to Create! is a holistic philosophy and a manifesto for creative reflection: this is explored through the metaphor of the dance to choreograph the inner personal journeys needed to craft imaginative change for great work and inspired living in today’s turbulent times. This Reflective Journal has been designed as a companion to the main book to partner with you as you dance with your questions - whatever your context. Because WHO you are, is HOW you reflect and HOW and WHAT you create.
Click here to purchase via Amazon.
A NEW Lens for Coaching and Coaching Supervision “Being Fully Human – the 7C’s for Inquiry, Learning and Change. Click here to purchase via Amazon
Explored through the metaphor of the dance brought alive by just under 200 practices, this book invites you - the reader - to dance with your own experience to reflect, learn and create anew for inspired living and great work.
This book is your inspiration and guide as you dance with the rich tapestry of life from your everyday occupations to your search for inspiration and meaning and everything inbetween!
Based on the author’s research, her own story, and the latest thinking in the fields of relational dynamics, mindfulness, adult learning, creativity, and psychology “Reflect to Create! ” is rooted in learning how we learn to create artful change by first owning your own humanity and then by bringing your shared humanity to work.
Click here to purchase from Amazon
Buy the 7C's Cards here
These beautiful dance cards have been designed as a companion to my book “Reflect to Create! The Dance of Reflection for Creative Leadership, Professional Practice and Supervision”
A selection of card spreads and quotations are offered as a way into the dance for you and for your clients.
The dance cards are designed for you to mix and match - and for you (and /or your clients) to be guided by your intuition to enter the dance where is needed - and to free flow to choreograph your next steps as your heart, mind, body and soul invites you.
To order a set of dance cards at £20.00 GBP (plus postage & packing), please email me at Elaine@ep-ec.com with your postal address to dance today!
As per my book, all proceeds go towards donating to support the implementation of the 2030 United Nations Development Goal No. 4 Education for All.
Booklet: “Falling in Love with Reflection”
This Booklet explains some of my love affair with reflection, why it is important and how you can become a Reflective Practitioner.
Download the Booklet here!
Booklet: “WHO you are is HOW you work’
This booklet was written by myself and Edna Murdoch who is Co-Founder of the Coaching Supervision Academy.
Other free articles which are available for download include:
- Patterson, E and Prentice, K. (2019) Paper for EMCC Dublin Annual Conference April 2019. Reflect to Create! The Dance of Reflection for Creative Coaching and Supervision. PDF
- Patterson, E. (2018) The 7C’s of a Shared Humanity. Coaching at Work. July/ August | Vol 13 Issue 4 2018 PDF
- Patterson, E and Prentice, K. (2018) The Compass Rose” Coming Home to Ourselves through Reflective Practice. Coaching Today July 2018 PDF
- Patterson, E. (2018) Chapter in Contemporary Leadership Challenges: Chapter 1 “Waking Up to the Power of Reflection to Unlock Transformation in People, Teams and Organisations. INTECH.
- Patterson, E. (2017) “Reflection as an Oasis for Busy People in Busy Times” in the online Association for Coaching Global Perspectives January 2017.
- Murdoch, E. and Patterson, E. (2017) Understanding What We Mean by WHO you are is HOW you Coach, Supervise or Work. PDF
- Patterson, E and Prentice, K. (2017) Paper for EMCC Edinburgh Annual Conference March 2017. Falling in Love with Reflection. PDF
- Patterson, E. (2017) “Reflection as an Oasis for Busy People in Busy Times” in Association for Coaching Global Perspectives January 2017. For a copy of this publication please use the contact form to make your request.
- Patterson, E. (2015) “WHO you are is HOW you talk; Introducing a Conversational Map for Creative Conversations" PDF
- Patterson, E. (2015) “Why leading well is so difficult and how super-Vision can help. PDF
- Patterson, E. (2015) “What are leaders experiences of reflection?” What leaders and leadership developers need to know from the findings of an exploratory research study. PDF
- Patterson, E. (2014) “The Real Work of Leaders” PDF
- Patterson, E. (2014) “Mirror, Mirror.. Learning is Experience; Everything else is information” Entrepreneur February 2014 PDF
- Patterson, E. (2009) "A Reflective Process - The Key to Transformational Learning". In the OCM Journal 2009. Oxford. PDF
- Arnold J. and Patterson E. (2019) "EMCC GPS Dialogues" November 2019. PDF
- Arnold J. and Patterson E. (2020) "EMCC GPS Dialogues" May 2020. PDF
- Hodge Dr A., Arnold J. and Patterson E (2020) "Report from An Action Research Inquiry to Explore the Relevance and Value of 1:1 Executive Reflection to Leaders in a Global, Virtual and Diverse World" February 2020. PDF